Wilmington Trolley Company
Hop aboard one of the cable-car inspired trackless trolleys and experience a museum in motion. Downtown Wilmington is chalked full of interesting history and beautiful scenery which makes for a fulfilling and unforgettable tour. Developed 16 years ago, Wilmington Trolley Co. provides an excellent experience as you travel down the cobblestone streets and relish in the city’s history.
The Wilmington Trolley Co. tour operators have a wealth of knowledge about the city and enjoy what they do. The operators are Wilmington natives and many of them have lived in the city for several years. Their enthusiasm about the history and architecture in Wilmington really makes the interactive tour fun and exciting.
Wilmington has so much to offer, from the beautiful Bellamy mansion to the Cape Fear River and historic grave sites.
You’ll pass by film locations from movies like We’re the Millers and TV shows such as Dawson’s Creek, you may even catch a production in action.
Movies and TV shows shot in Wilmington: Just to name a few.
(Movies) The Conjuring, Iron Man III, Blue Velvet, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Safe Haven, The Secret Life of Bees, Tammy. (TV shows) The Andy Griffith Show Reunion, Dawson’s Creek, Eastbound & Down, One Tree Hill, Under The Dome, Sleepy Hollow.
Wilmington Trolley Co. offers more than their open-air trolleys. Air conditioned trolleys are also available, perfect for a wedding party or birthday. Specializing in group tours and shuttles, Wilmington Trolley Company has your group covered for any occasion.
Address: (Pick-up/ Drop-off Location)
15 S Water Street
Wilmington, NC, 28401
- Each tour is 45 minutes long.
- Tours leave a the top of the hour from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tickets are available on board.
- Multiple trolleys are available.
- Each trolleys has a 25-32 passenger capacity.
- You can decorate your Wilmington Wedding Trolley to match any theme!
- Packages are available from 1 hour to all day long.
Our Two Cents
- The trolleys are very clean and well maintained
- The drivers are professional and safe.
- You can eat on the trolley but be careful not to miss any of the city’s historic structures or the stories that go with them.
- The seats are padded and very comfortable.
- Wilmington Trolley Co. tours cover a lot of ground and are fun for the whole family.