Valentines Day in Wilmington
There’s no better place to be for Valentine’s Day than Wilmington, North Carolina. With generally moderate temperatures in February, couples can enjoy the spirit of winter without the unbearably cold temperatures. Plus, there are amazing accommodations, to-die-for restaurants, great music and clubs, beautiful beaches, and fun events geared for adults or the whole family.
Here’s an itinerary idea for a special Valentine’s Day in Wilmington, NC:
- Get yourselves to Wilmington by car or plane (check flyilm.com for flight information).
- Book an oceanfront room, suite, or villa in Wrightsville Beach. Some top-notch choices include the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort, Shell Island Resort, or the Blockade Runner.
- Enjoy the room and the view, and, if it’s warm enough, take a long, leisurely walk on the beach.
- Grab breakfast at the Causeway Cafe close to the drawbridge.
- Rent bikes from the Two Wheeler Dealer on Wrightsville Ave and explore the new Cross-City Bike Trails (see a map here: Cross City Trail Map).
- Head downtown for lunch and choose from a ton of great restaurants depending on what you’re in the mood for: Sushi at Nikki’s, pub food at Copper Penny, salads and sandwiches at Chop’s Deli, more sandwiches at the Dixie Grill. The list goes on!
- Head to Massage Envy at Mayfaire or a book an appointment at a local salon to enjoy a relaxing massage.
- Back at the beach, plan for dinner either at the resort where you’re staying or in downtown Wrightsville Beach. 22 North, Blue Water Grill, The Oceanic, or South Beach Grill are some wonderful options.Whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong.
- In the morning, enjoy breakfast and visit Airlie Gardens to walk through the gorgeous, historic grounds before heading back home to reality.
This same suggested itinerary can be made family-friendly with just a couple tweaks. Maybe enjoy more take-out meals, skip the massages and head to the pool instead. Or, if you’d rather stay in historic downtown Wilmington, look into our quaint bed and breakfasts including Graystone Inn, Front Street Inn, Hoge-Wood House, or the Verandas. All are easy walking distance to shops and restaurants downtown. Either way, Valentine’s Day in Wilmington NC is a super-special treat! Enjoy!!