Ziggy’s by the Sea
Ziggy’s is a local live entertainment venue located on the corner of 2nd and Market St. in historic downtown Wilmington, with a sister location in Winston-Salem, NC. This is no ordinary venue, at Ziggy’s you will find yourself up-close and personal with local and international acts.
The newly renovated space is equipped with 3 full bars, multiple VIP sections and a state-of-the-art sound system. For a full on concert experience, hang out on the ground floor, in front of the stage, with the other hard-core music lovers.
If you’re looking for something more low key, I recommend the upstairs balcony which wraps around the venue. Enjoy a birds-eye view of the band and concert goes without all the chaos. No matter what your speed, you’ll find comfort in Ziggy’s uniquely structured space.
For something even more intimate, find yourself on a couch near the 2nd floor bar, kick back and relax. Here you can overlook the bustling nightlife of Market St. from Ziggy’s floor to ceiling windows. As if that’s not enough, Ziggy’s even has a drop-down projector so you can watch the band on screen and hear them live!
Other Stuff You Might Like to Know
- There’s more to Ziggy’s than just great music. Come in on Tuesday nights for dueling pianos and comedy.
- No need to drink and drive, Ziggy’s will call you a cab.
- Ziggy’s is casual dress.
- There are 3 VIP sections available equipped with extra accommodations.
- Don’t miss Acoustic Koozie Sunday! Get a free Ziggy’s koozie at the entrance and enjoy $1 beers all night.
- Ziggy’s does not sell food. However, you can get a discount at some of the nearby restaurants with your ticket stub.
- Ziggy’s is rumored to have been founded by Ziggy Marley but it was actually founded by John ‘Ziggy’ Ziglinski in the early 1970’s, originally named The White Horse Tavern.
- Ziggy Marley regularly performs at the Ziggy’s venues.
- You can also visit Ziggy’s by the Sea in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Bands like Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Wailers, Plain White T’s, Insane Clown Posse, Hank III and so many others have performed at Ziggy’s venues.
Subject to change – Visit calendar and Ziggy’s web site for the most up-to-date information.
208 Market St.
Wilmington, NC 28401
Our Two Cents
- We’ve found the Ziggy’s staff to be very friendly and attentive.
- Ziggy’s attracts a diverse group of people. The crowd varies depending upon the act that is playing.
- You’ll find artists from just about every musical genre.
- The vibe at Ziggy’s is consistently laid back and judgment free.
- There is no “bad seat” at Ziggy’s but get there early for seating closest to the stage.