The Gallery of Fine Art – 1 of 39 Dr. Suess Galleries Worldwide
This family run business maintains an extensive collection you may not expect to find in Wilmington, NC. Michael & Cynthia Golonka have been in business for 17 years and have filled their beautiful gallery with artwork that will take your breath away. Michael is extremely knowledgeable about the artists and their creative processes. He loves sharing his love of art and has a contagious passion for what he does.
The family friendly gallery is 1 of 39 galleries in the world to carry Dr. Suess’ artwork. Popular for the artistic world he’s created through children’s books, most people don’t know the full extent of Dr. Suesss’ talents. His many works of fine art, unorthodox taxidermy and Suesian bronze sculptures stayed hidden in his home until he died in 1991 at the age of 87. His wife Audrey has since released a limited amount of his works to select galleries throughout the world.
Child-prodigy George Pocheptsov, who went professional at age 5, is another world famous artists whose works are on display at The Gallery of Fine Art. George creates colorfully-textured, visually appealing paper and canvas artwork. Interestingly, each piece begins as loose sketches which are then combined and transformed with advanced layering techniques. The now 22-year-old artist, pictured above in front of one of his pieces, graduated from Harvard with the class of 2014.
Fabio Napoleoni is also featured at The Gallery of Fine Art. Fabio’s art is a reflection of what is going on in his life, and is often filled with symbolism. When his daughter was born with a critical heart condition requiring multiple surgeries and hospital stays, Fabio found an emotional escape through his artwork. Trees, hearts and emotionally based characters such as Marcinevo, a loveable rag-tag child with mitten hands and a one button eye, consistently appear in his pieces. As Fabio’s daughter recovered his works became more uplifting and encouraging.
There is so much to say about The Gallery of Fine Art, you just have to see it for yourself.
964 Inspiration Dr.
Wilmington, NC 28405
- The Gallery of Fine Art is tucked away in the Mayfaire Town Center, next to Fresh Market.
- Here you’ll find work by R. Bruce Salinger who creates mechanical, motion activated scenes made of wire.
- Be sure to ask about the hidden meaning behind Dr. Suess’ artwork.
- The Gallery of Fine Art offers the some of the most affordable prices available for Dr. Suess artwork.
- You can purchase any piece of work either fully framed or unframed.
- Don’t miss the beautiful, hand-blown jellyfish lanterns by artist Johnny Camp.
Our Two Cents
- You don’t have to break the bank to find one-of-a-kind, top quality art. The Gallery of Fine Art has dozens of gorgeous pieces that are affordable.
- Michael loves animals, and the gallery is pet friendly.
- Once a piece of Dr. Suess artwork is gone, it is gone forever so be sure to act quickly if you find something you love.
- The Gallery is a must visit for families with children – the kids will love it!