Courtyard Wilmington Downtown-Historic District
Say hello to your home away from home while you’re in “The Port City!” The Courtyard Wilmington Downtown-Historic District is a brand new, custom-built Marriott hotel situated at the corner of Grace and Second streets in the heart of Historic Wilmington. But this isn’t your ordinary hotel. This chic property is much like the city of Wilmington itself: one of a kind. The modern design, upscale amenities, and friendly staff give this hotel a truly unique vibe only befitting a town as unique and friendly as Wilmington.
Located just steps away from many popular downtown attractions, and only a short drive to the area’s beautiful beaches, the Courtyard Wilmington Downtown-Historic District is the perfect “home base” for vacationers wanting to experience all that the Wilmington area has to offer. Corporate travelers will also appreciate the hotel’s convenient location to many of our city’s major businesses, including PPD, Corning, Cape Fear Community College, UNC-Wilmington and New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Plus, with 1,879 square feet of flexible meeting space, the Courtyard Wilmington Downtown-Historic District can easily accommodate small or large corporate functions, workshops and seminars.
Wondering what’s nearby? You may be surprised to discover how much there is to see and do without even leaving the neighborhood! The iconic Wilmington Riverwalk is only 2 blocks away and is the perfect spot to take in views of the Cape Fear River and the USS North Carolina Battleship. Be sure to stop in a few of the little boutiques that line the boardwalk and grab a bite at one of the riverfront restaurants. Visitors seeking some great Wilmington nightlife won’t be disappointed either, as the hotel is within walking distance to many popular nightclubs, pubs and live music venues. Don’t feel like going out? No problem. They’ve got a full bar open at night in the lobby.
Contact: (910) 632-2900
229 North 2nd Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
- Brand new property, opened February 24, 2014
- 1,879 square feet of flexible meeting space
- Meeting room – 1,024 sq ft, 63 classroom, 91 rounds, 105 reception
- Hospitality Suite – 555 sq ft, located on the 2nd floor by the pool, 24 classroom, 42 rounds, 50 reception
- Boardroom – 300 sq ft, 10 conference
- 124 guest rooms with 5 king suites available
- Custom built, custom designed hotel, unlike any other Courtyard in the world
- Starbucks coffee bar available all day
- Bistro serving breakfast and dinner daily
- Heated outdoor pool
- Patio with fire pit
- Fitness center
- Business center
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
Our Two Cents
- Awesome artwork featuring Wilmington landmarks adorns the guest rooms and hallways, giving the hotel a local vibe.
- The king suites are super spacious. Perfect for traveling families.
- Valet parking means not having to worry about finding a spot downtown!
- Did we mention they have Starbucks on site? (The ONLY Starbucks downtown).
- All rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave. Awesome.
- Be sure to check out the huge touch screen “GoBoard” in the lobby. You can use it to do all sorts of things like get directions, check weather conditions, and browse local restaurants.
- If you’re craving a late-night snack, check out “The Market” downstairs by the front desk. They’ve even got a microwave you can use.
Visit the Courtyard Wilmington Downtown-Historic District’s official website.